Minimum Required RPM Packages for Running Fedora

siavash ghiasvand siavash.ghiyasvand at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 16:38:00 UTC 2010

> Everybody's list of "essential" packages is different.  For example,
> remove and what is required by basic system packages).

> There is no such description in all of fedora's documentation.
> Also, your description of "unwanted" is too vague and may well
> be ill defined.

Thanks chris and JD
It seams I couldn't describe my issue clearly.

As you said, "passwd" or "less" may be or may not be essential for some users!
But, without "udev" or "device-mapper" system couldn't boot at all;
I'm looking for these packages, which are essential for a proper boot.

Clearly: I need a minimal list of those packages which are "critical
for booting" a system and without just one of those packages booting
is impossible. (A truly minimal)

Siavash