yum update failure

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Wed Jul 14 18:11:23 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 17:48 +0000, JB wrote:
> Gregory P. Ennis <PoMec <at> PoMec.Net> writes:
>

> > You were correct to cause me to look at the downloadonly plugin... it
> > was enabled.  I originally did in upgrade from f12 to f13 instead of a
> > new install, and then installed yum-cron.  I do not remember installing
> > the downloadonly plugin, or enabling it.  I used your syntax to remove
> > the plug in as well as yum-cron..... but the results of yum check-update
> > were :
> > [root <at> Re01 pluginconf.d]# yum check-update
> > Loaded plugins: presto, priorities, refresh-packagekit
> > 3487 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
> >
> Hi,
> there is a possibility that yum-cron package, which requires downloadonly plugin
> package was the intended way to maintain your system.
> If your machine were part of a corporate environment, it could be set up by
> your tech people to run yum-cron job daily/weekly from a corporate cache of
> packages (instead of directly from the Interent).
> That would explain the output of:
> > [root <at> Re01 ~]# yum list evolution
> > Loaded plugins: downloadonly, presto, priorities, refresh-packagekit
> > Installed Packages
> > evolution.i686             2.30.1-6.fc13
> > @anaconda-InstallationRepo-201005130056.i38
> and
> the full list of packages (that big file ...:) ).
> This @anaconda-InstallationRepo-201005130056.i38 could be some kind of a repo.
> If you are in that kind of environment, let me know.
> So please stay put, we will try to figure it out.
> JB

JB,

I wish we had an IT staff, but unfortunately what we have is me and the
skill set I have learned from reading a bunch of manuals and the good
people on this list and others.

I am the one that installed yum-cron, but I did not change any of the
standard repositories.  The only thing I did different on this machine
is to perform an upgrade from F11 to F13 instead of a new install.

Thanks again for your help!!!

Greg