Fedora Logs out straight after Log in is complete

Rishi Patel impulsation at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 19:25:33 UTC 2010

Hello everyone,

New to using linux and everything; I was just getting into the flow of
things, had everything set up like I want it, and then I went to add
foxyTunes to firefox so I could control Amarok and the system randomly
logged out and displayed the log in page!

So i logged back in, and everything started to load up again, and as soon as
it was done, it logged out again!

I have rebooted, tried KDE failsafe mode, as well as Default, but to no
avail. Failsafe mode brings up the white terminal box. I can however log
into root, which is how I am posting this message.

Could anyone offer any help with this?

Thank you.