New Update has no kmod for new kernel and new nvidia driver

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 15 03:58:21 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 11:38 -0700, Rick Stevens wrote:
> I can see two possible solutions.  One would take the form of yum
> checking to see if kmods are needed for a new kernel on the system and
> not downloading the kernel if the kmods aren't available.

I thought that was already done with the skip-broken option/plugin?
Where an update run would only bring in all the things that could be
installed.  The next run would do whatever else it omitted before, if
the modules had been built in the meantime.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.