DVD writing oddity

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 04:18:30 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 14, 2010 at 10:47 AM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-07-14 at 11:33 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:
>> >
>> > Or you could use a script.
>> >
>> Scripts only help if you do the same thing over and over. You can define it, too:
>>       DWIS="--some-meaningless-nonsense-someone-thinks-is-cute"
>>
>> But for one time use not having to enter the options is good, being meaningless
>> they are hard to remember.
>
> If it's one-time use, I don't understand your comment about recompiling
> to use a different option.

I think the irony is that --dwis can only stand for something else
that's "cutsey" to me in this context.

--dwis
    Do What I Said.  This option should only be used if your name is
Luke and you're using the force or if you swear to God you know what
you're doing.

If it means something else, I can't imagine what it is.

--
Chris