KPackageKit update failure [SOLVED - sort of]

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 07:22:02 UTC 2010

  On 07/14/2010 11:52 PM, Thomas Taylor wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Jul 2010 19:38:03 -0700
> JD<jd1008 at gmail.com>  wrote:

>>> yum whatprovides *bin/kate
>>>
>>> tells you what package supplies kate.
>> It is NOT part of fedora yet.
>>
>> http://linux.softpedia.com/get/Text-Editing-Processing/Others/Kate-2317.shtml
>>
>> The latest kdebase includes or perhaps next release will include kate.
>>
>> http://linux.softpedia.com/developer/Kate-developers-24331.html
> When I switched into Gnome desktop, it downloaded Kate via "System>  Admin>  Get
> Software" or something like that and from the stock repos.  Weird, Gnome
> downloads KDE stuff better than KDE does. Something must be different in the
> way they interface to PackageKit, or does Gnome use yum instead?  Never having
> been a Gnome user I'm not sure about that.  Any comments?
>
> Tom

Someone posted that is is part of
kdesdk package.
$ rpm -q --provides kdesdk
cervisiapart.so
kabcformat_kdeaccounts.so
kaider = 4.4.5-1.fc13
kate = 4.4.5-1.fc13
kate_kttsd.so
katebacktracebrowserplugin.so
katebuildplugin.so
katectagsplugin.so
kateexternaltoolsplugin.so
katefilebrowserplugin.so
katefiletemplates.so
katefindinfilesplugin.so
katekonsoleplugin.so
katemailfilesplugin.so
kateopenheaderplugin.so
katepybrowseplugin.so
katequickdocumentswitcherplugin.so
katesnippets_tngplugin.so
katesnippetsplugin.so
katesymbolviewerplugin.so
katetabbarextensionplugin.so
katetextfilterplugin.so
katexmlcheckplugin.so
kcal_bugzilla.so
kded_ksvnd.so
kio_perldoc.so
kio_svn.so
kstartperf.so
libkdeinit4_cervisia.so
libkdeinit4_cvsaskpass.so
libkdeinit4_cvsservice.so
libkdeinit4_kate.so
libkomparenavtreepart.so
libkomparepart.so
libkuiviewerpart.so
mimehandler(application/x-designer)
mimehandler(application/x-katesnippets_tng)
mimehandler(application/x-lokalize-project)
mimehandler(application/x-xliff)
mimehandler(inode/directory)
mimehandler(text/plain)
mimehandler(text/x-gettext-translation)