Autocorrection in OOo 3.1.1 and shortcut for navigating in Firefox when zoomed in

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 20:17:07 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 2:49 PM, Marcel Rieux <m.z.rieux at gmail.com> wrote:

> No. as the tile and the line above say, I mean in OOo 3.3.1
>
> Still no answer to this question. Isn't it amazing that that no Fedora
user,
> including me, knows how to make autocorrections in OOo 3.1.1? No doubt I
> should register to OOo forums to be fed some more nonsence.

It's no mystery why "no one knows how to make autocorrections," the
functionality doesn't exist.  It's documented in the help files how to
something similar, but the necessary configuration tab doesn't exist on the
AutoCorrect Options control panel (there is no "Replace" tab available).

  Automatically Check Spelling

You can have OpenOffice.org automatically check spelling while you type and
underline possible misspelt words with a red wavy line.
To Check Spelling Automatically While You Type

   1.

   Activate the *AutoSpellcheck *icon on the Standard bar.
   2.

   Right-click a word with a red wavy underline, and then choose a suggested
   replacement word from the list, or from the *AutoCorrect *submenu.

If you choose a word from the *AutoCorrect* submenu, the underlined word and
the replacement word are automatically added to the AutoCorrect list for the
current language. To view the AutoCorrect list, choose *Tools – AutoCorrect
Options*, and then click the *Replace* tab.

You can also add the underlined word to your custom dictionary by choosing *
Add*.
To Exclude Words From the Spellcheck

   1.

   Select the words that you want to exclude.
   2.

   Click the Language control on the Status bar to open a menu.
   3.

   Choose “None (Do not check spelling)”.

--
Chris