F14 wallpapers, request for feedback and submissions

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Thu Jul 15 21:59:59 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 4:38 PM, dexter <dex.mbox at gmail.com> wrote:

> 2010/7/15 Máirín Duffy <duffy at fedoraproject.org>:
> > I just wanted to re-emphasize that we're really hoping to hear from you
> > - what do you think of our designs so far? It's important to us to make
> > sure Fedora 14's theme is something that you'll enjoy.
> >
> Its good I like it :-) but maybe to dark for some.

I've really enjoyed all of the default desktops from Fedora Core 1 through
Fedora 13, but I have to say that the default wallpaper chosen for Fedora 14
is something I'll have to change, it's simply too dark for my tastes.  Well,
to be fair, I guess I didn't care so much for Core 3 and Core 4's, either.

Another aspect of the new wallpaper that I'm not a fan of is that the design
chosen is very jagged, sharp, and to me at least, distracting.  I also
prefer desktops that are "flatter" looking (in a way I have a hard time
describing, but the desktop of Core 5 is a good example).  I've tried using
the F14 selection on my F13 system and simply don't care for it.  I think
it's great that there's a lot of thought going into the supplemental
wallpapers.  I'm really liking the Oregano one!

To be clear, despite these criticisms, I've always felt the Fedora desktop
experience to have a very professional feel to it, and that's the work of
the design team.  I think you're all doing a really great job and keep in
mind the adage that "you can't please everyone all of the time," even if the
person with the complaint is me. :-)

--
Chris