Who's moderating this forum?

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 02:25:52 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 5:46 PM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 07/16/2010 03:00 AM, Marcel Rieux wrote:
> >

> > I don't understand how come nobody responsible for this group tries to
> > make discussions move forward to better results for Red Hat, whether
> > it be about uninstalling Nvidia drivers or OOo not offering basic
> > features that Red Hat should rely on to sell its support, etc. Who's
> > teh Steve Jobs here who says "The user is right!" ?
> >
> > IMO, there is a flaw in this list's moderation. And that's my
> > contribution.
>
> You are hearing opinions you don't like and want moderators to step in
> and squash them even though none of the list guidelines have been
> violated by the other party.  That isn't moderation but censorship.

Did I ask for this kind of opinion to be censored? This ridiculous opinion
that silly problems will make you wiser is too often expressed on Linux
groups. Maybe somebody with a higher status on this list than me could have
set the record straight once for all so that we don't have to bear this
nonsense for another 10 years.

>  As
> long as opinions are politely expressed and aimed at the subject matter
> instead of being personal, there is no reason not to tolerate dissent.
> Besides,  if you want to enforce netiquette, I would have to point out
> that you are splitting a single thread into multiple ones

Check closely, I didn't split the thread. Somebody, unaware of the result, I
suppose, removed "OT:" from the title line. It's unfortunate but those
things happen.