Who's moderating this forum?

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Fri Jul 16 02:48:08 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 15, 2010 at 7:14 PM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> > On *Thu Jun 24 01:36:32 UTC 2010, **Joel Rees* wrote about there
> > being no instructions to revert from Nvidia to Nouveau drivers:
>
> I answered him with a link that answered his question, but he didn't
> reply if that solved his issue.

Rees was answering my post.

> Perhaps because there was too much
> noise in the thread that was not answering the question.
>
> I explained that I had found instructions that didn't work all over the net
for installing Kmod Nvidia. The instructions that worked were on RPMFusion.
So, I thought that, maybe, Fedora could provide instructions to install
Nouveau, which is open source software. But that wasn't their business.
Apparently, RPMFusion, which, of course, everybody hates from the bottom of
their heart, had fucked up my system and it was for them to fix it.

Today, I posted my message here:

http://lists.rpmfusion.org/pipermail/rpmfusion-users/2010-July/thread.html

and it will most probably prove my point that while Nouveau developers
pretend they work really hard to get new users, installing Kmod is a one way
ticket. Unless, of course, you're willing to spend a day or two trying
suggestions that have never been tested such as the one I already received:
yum remove, and that's it.

This is not the subject of this thread. I know, as usual, many people will
disagree, but I won't post anything more on the matter.