Minimum Required RPM Packages for Running Fedora

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Fri Jul 16 07:30:22 UTC 2010

siavash ghiasvand wrote:
<snip>

> For sure I've googled it carefully before sending this email.

ok. but still not a final intent for use. which makes your request more
intriguing.

after re-reading your post, being that you have eliminated obvious types of
server and still not mentioning final intent, it is starting to sound like
you are/may be, working on a class project.

+++
}> For some reasons I want to know
}> which are not essential for me!
}> I'm not even need mail server, firewall, ... .
+++

i went back to google to do another search with new parameters;

  yum rpm fedora "minimal+system"

which found some possibles;

a list removables; [yes, it is fc5, but list might catch any you have missed]
http://colinux.wikia.com/wiki/Fedora5MinimalInstall071

a kickstart file;

http://blog.vodkamelone.de/archives/151-Red-Hat-Enterprise-LinuxCentOS-5-minimal-installation.html

at experts-exchange.com, there is;

What packages can i remove for a minimal system?
  http://www.experts-exchange.com/OS/Linux/Q_23022039.html
where you can see answer to by joining with a 30 day free trial.

to your comment about 'modules' and 'kernel', if you wish/need to reduce
kernel, consider that if you build your 'minimal' system at same level or
your 'full' operating system, you can use latter to build your kernel and
copy it to your 'minimal' to reduce memory usage.

anyway, much luck.

--

peace out.

tc,hago.