F14 wallpapers, request for feedback and submissions

Máirín Duffy duffy at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 16 17:12:38 UTC 2010

Hi Tom!

On Fri, 2010-07-16 at 10:21 -0400, Tom Horsley wrote:
> I gotta say I don't really care what happens to the wallpaper
> since I always use my own anyway, but some of the wallpaper I
> use is pictures taken by me so I'd be happy to contribute
> them in case anyone else likes them too, but I don't understand
> the instructions in the web page. The convenient upload script
> asks for a password. Password to what? Do I need to sign up for
> an account to edit the wiki first? Or is this some other password
> it is talking about? Can I upload the pictures directly from
> files on disk, or do they need to be on a web server somewhere
> and I just point to that?
>
> (They are pictures of live oak trees from a hiking trail in
> central Florida, by the way).

You don't need to upload the photos to the wiki if you'd rather not.
Just mail design-team at lists.fedoraproject.org (with the subject line,
"Supplemental wallpaper submission) the following info for your photo
and we'll make sure it gets added:

  1. URL of the image (ie. “where it’s at”)
     2. Title of the work in question
     3. Name of the author (their real name is preferable, but a
        nickname with a link to the profile on the page the image is
        from works as well)
     4. Contact information for the author, email if possible
     5. URL of the source page that the image was originally from
     6. The license of the photo (has to be compatible with the Fedora
        requirements)
     7.
~m