Who's moderating this forum?

Marcel Rieux m.z.rieux at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 00:15:03 UTC 2010

2010/7/15 Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com>

> On Thu, 15 Jul 2010 22:48:08 -0400
> Marcel Rieux <m.z.rieux at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> ...snip...
>
> http://fedorasolved.org/Members/dcr226/nouveau-kmods-mesa-dri-exper

RPMFusion updated its site today. Here's what they suggest:
Disable or uninstall the nvidia driver

It is possible to disable the driver without uninstalling the nvidia
package.

nvidia-config-display disable
rm /etc/X11/xorg.conf

Or you can switch the Driver field from nvidia to nouveau in
/etc/X11/xorg.conf You also need to verify that /boot/grub/grub.conf doesn't
contain nomodeset or rdblacklist=nouveau anymore.

Then you will need to *reboot*. (or switch to init3 and manually
unloading/loading modules.).

Once done, if you really want to uninstall the driver:

yum remove xorg-x11-drv-nvidia\* livna-config-display

http://rpmfusion.org/Howto/nVidia#head-3fe8fc42e24a89aff36645e27644b1f6445a9ee6

Nothing about initramfs at rpmfusion and no mention of
mesa-dri-drivers-experimental.

rpmfusion being the official source, I'll follow these instructions...
but I'll keep fedorasolved handy :)

I'll do the removal after I test disabling. This will be when I have a day
or two free while I won't need my computer, in case problems arise.

Thanks!