os that rather uses the gpu?

Robert Myers rbmyersusa at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 03:41:09 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 16, 2010 at 11:25 PM, JD <jd1008 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Dude, I am not a teacher.
> I am a hacker of sorts.

My apologies for being misled by your post:

"This is the kind of technology that is needed to solve huge mathematical
problems.
Most smaller universities and colleges do not have massively parallel
supercomputers that are
vector processors. This could make it easy for such colleges and small
university research
projects to have some decent computational power."

If you'd said, "I'm a hacker of sorts, and I'm really excited at the
prospect of playing with one of these," the conversation never would have
taken place.

But you opine that problems that others are excited to solve with the
> SLI gang of gpu's are "embarrassingly parallel", guess you will just
> have to sweat it and wait for your dream machine to be built, perhaps in
> your next life time. Meanwhile, all you will be able to do is complain
> about other people's excitement with the technology at hand.

I'm not waiting for anything.  I get heard.

Robert.