Question on recording of audio output of steaming websites from sound card in my Fedora Linux 11

Carroll Grigsby cgrigs at earthlink.net
Sat Jul 17 16:31:59 UTC 2010

On Sat, 17 Jul 2010 17:53:44 +0530
ranjan sundar <njan79 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello all !!
>
> I want to record audio output from sound card in my Fedora Linux 11
> (from any generic audio source streams). But unable to do so with
> existing Sound recorder. Nothing gets recorded when i do so.
>
> I am playing Shoutcast radio online in my browser and looking at many
> websites i tried to do some steps on vlc,audacity etc etc. nothing
> works. Moreover those websites ask me to download the metafile and
> look for mms,rtsp and stuff like that and the do the recording
> stuffs. im unable to get those metafiles.
>
> Given this case is there a generic procedure to record audio output
> from sound card in my Fedora Linux 11 ?
>
> Any help is really appreciated !!
>
> Thanks
> Jan

Jan:
I've never used it, but there is a program called streamripper which
may meet your requirements. It's available from rpmfusion, and carries
an .fc11 suffix. FWIW, it can be used with streamtuner (a web radio
station finder and tuner) which I have been using for a long time with
considerable success.

-- cmg