knetworkmanager not ready for prime time yet.

Chris Rouch chris.rouch at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 17:23:51 UTC 2010

I use kde, and for f12 the networkmanager applet was nm-applet. For
f13 this has been replaced by knetworkmanager for kde sessions.
knetworkmanager has 2 problems for me

* it's not possible to set networking to connect automatically and be
available for everyone
* the wireless icon does not show the signal strength. at least not
without a magnifying glass

Is it possible to configure kde to use nm-applet instead?

There is a workaround - if I replace the knetworkmanager binary with
nm-applet, then I get what I want, but I'd prefer to do it in a way
which will survive an upgrade.

Regards,

Chris