Screensave question

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 18:37:46 UTC 2010

  This is not a killer issue, but a curious question.
Prior to F13 (F12), I could set the screen saver to dim after x minutes
of idle.
I would then keep off of KB and Mouse for x minutes, and it would start
to dim,
and I could interrupt it by touching any key or clicking any mount
button, and
the dimming would immediately halt  and the screen would return to full
brightness.
Now on F13 (latest updates), during dimming, and before dimming is complete,
pressing any keys or clicking any mouse button does not interrupt the
dimming
process. It goes to full black screen and then and only then, pressing a key
undims the screen.

My kernel config has:

CONFIG_X86_APM_BOOT=y
CONFIG_APM=y
CONFIG_APM_DO_ENABLE=y
CONFIG_APM_CPU_IDLE=y
CONFIG_APM_DISPLAY_BLANK=y
CONFIG_APM_ALLOW_INTS=y <<<<<<<

Since pressing KB and mouse buttons should cause the BIOS
to send an interrupt, and the kernel is configured to allow
such interrupts,  seems like dimming process should stop immediately
and bring screen back to full brightness.

Hope a driver dev has some info on this  process.