New Update has no kmod for new kernel and new nvidia driver

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun Jul 18 16:51:25 UTC 2010

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 11:53:49 -0400,
  Genes MailLists <lists at sapience.com> wrote:
> On 07/18/2010 11:14 AM, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
>
>  akmod solves all these problems - why are we trying to find additional
> and more complicated solutions ? It is what akmod was designed to do.

Both solutions have different drawbacks. akmod doesn't always work.
I would argue that akmod is more complicated than using rpm tags.
The reason we are looking for other solutions is that akmod doesn't
seem to work for some people and they are looking for solutions that
might fit their circumstances better.