gsl

Suvayu Ali fatkasuvayu+linux at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 17:38:26 UTC 2010

On Sunday 18 July 2010 09:48 AM, Patrick Dupre wrote:
> On Sun, 18 Jul 2010, Rahul Sundaram wrote:

>>> Thank of course, but it does not install the source like I
>>> would have expected, cf like gsl-devel should do it ! or another
>>> package.
>>>

>> You misunderstand how it works. gst-devel does not contain source
>> files. -devel files only include the development files necessary to
>> build against it. Not the full source. The srpms contain the full
>> source along with the spec file used to produce gst and gst-devel.
>>
> Humm, but I still cannot find the source file for gsl_matrix_alloc !
> or grep gsl_matrix_set_zero !
>
> Where are they, because there are bit in the tgz file.
> I am missing something.

What Rahul mentioned before downloads the source rpm. You have to
install it after you have downloaded the rpm. You can install it like
this, (as a regular user)

$ rpm -ivh /path/to/gsl.src.rpm

Then you will find the entire source tree tarball in your home in a
directory tree like this,

$HOME/rpmbuild/
|-- BUILD
|-- BUILDROOT
|-- RPMS
|-- SOURCES   # <-- source tarball is here
|-- SPECS     # <-- rpm .spec file is here
`-- SRPMS

Hope this helps

--
Suvayu