Can one now help?

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Sun Jul 18 22:01:29 UTC 2010

I noticed that I actually made a mistake in the below, here's the
correction:

On Sun, Jul 18, 2010 at 4:56 PM, Christofer C. Bell <christofer.c.bell at gm

> In looking at your list here, it's likely that sda8 is your /boot
> filesystem and that sd9 contains your root filesystem and swap partition
> (assuming a default selection of settings during the installation of
> Fedora).  Because LVM is in use here, we can't mount the disk partitions
> directly.  Remember, the disk partition is an LVM physical volume, it's not
> a filesystem that can be mounted.  However, the logical volumes *are* normal
> filesystems that can be mounted.
>
> I can't see the hostname of your machine, but I'll wager you didn't change
> the default installation name of vg_$(hostname) so I'll go with that here:
>
> # mount -t ext4 /dev/mapper/vg_$(hostname)/lv_root /mnt

That mount command should read, instead:

# mount -t ext4 /dev/mapper/vg_$(hostname)-lv_root /mnt

Where you replace $(hostname) with the hostname of your computer (basically
the correct name as given by the lvscan command).

Anyway, sorry for the foul-up!  And again, good luck getting your issue
resolved!

--
Chris