Firefox 4 repo

JD jd1008 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 03:44:24 UTC 2010

  On 07/18/2010 08:22 PM, David wrote:
> On 7/18/2010 11:00 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>> On Sunday 18 July 2010 07:42 PM, JD wrote:
>>>     On 07/18/2010 07:13 PM, Suvayu Ali wrote:
>>> It seems to play youtube flash just fine.
>>> I have the adobe flash plugin installed.
>>>
>> All my plugins are installed in system directories, could that be the
>> reason why they aren't detected on my machine? Maybe the mozilla build
>> only checks in ~/.mozilla/plugins.
>>
>> PS: I have unpacked the tarball in my $HOME and symlinked it to
>> ~/bin/ffox4b1.
>
> Firefox looks for plugins in /firefox/plugins. Which is where ever you
> put it.  Perhaps   /home/<user_name>/firefox/plugins?
Not so.
My flash plugin is in
$ ls -l /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so
lrwxrwxrwx 1 skroot root 39 Jun 25 12:36
/usr/lib/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so ->
/usr/lib/flash-plugin/libflashplayer.so

Firefox does not search /usr/lib/flash-plugin/
It searches /usr/lib/mozilla/plugins

However, you are free to put the plugins in your home dir path, such as

~/.mozilla/firefox/plugins/
or
~/.mozilla/firefox/your-profile-name/plugins