eSATA removable drive

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Mon Jul 19 05:11:17 UTC 2010

On 07/11/2010 08:07 PM, D. Hugh Redelmeier wrote:

> All those marked settings look wrong to me.  I guess HAL rules could
> fix this.  Surely I'm not the first to hit this problem.

I think those are read-only values from the kernel.  I don't think
there's anything you can do to add the "eject" capability to the eSATA
drives.  As long as they're properly unmounted and your cables are
hot-swap safe (the ground leads need to be longer than all of the
others) you should be able to yank the drives.