suspend to RAM and NFS /home

Terry Barnaby terry1 at beam.ltd.uk
Mon Jul 19 06:17:05 UTC 2010

On 19/07/10 05:50, Gordon Messmer wrote:
> On 07/17/2010 01:06 AM, Terry Barnaby wrote:
>> No problem, but note that I use DHCP ok ...
>> This is really a bug/feature in NetworkManager that I have already
>> reported.
>
> Got the bugzilla number?
>
> It'd be nice if we could get some other tests.  My system will only
> suspend if the ethernet device is statically configured.  If Linux won't
> do otherwise, there is probably nothing that NetworkManager can do about
> the problem.

The Bugzilla number was: 579030 but it was closed  ....

My system is F12 with all updates but with kernel 2.6.32.14-127.fc12.i686.PAE
as the latest kernel has ATI graphics bugs. It is a IBM Thinkpad R52 and it
suspends/resumes fine using the "network" init script with dhcp enabled
using a WiFi network interface.

Terry