Flash on 64 bit systems (was Re: Firefox 4 repo)

Takehiko Abe keke at gol.com
Mon Jul 19 12:03:42 UTC 2010

> I think FlashBlock would be a fairly good compromise. If you're using
> FlashBlock, you can safely wander around the web knowing that no flash you
> do not explicitly authorize will be running.

Unfortunately FlashBlock is useless. I tested it on a malicious swf
file, and the firefox immediately crashed (I know flashblock does not
block local flash files. I tested it via a http server.)

But I think that the chances are fairly slim that the linux box be
exploited by this flash vulnerability. I am going to use this flash
plugin til Adobe provides the new one.