Grub2 question

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 19 13:12:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, 19 Jul 2010 08:44:37 -0400
Tom H wrote:

> I wonder what the status of grub2 is in Fedora.

Hopefully, the status is "we'll stick with grub forever".
The newest ubuntu releases default to grub2 and I find
it incredibly inconvenient. I could swear the main
driving force behind grub over lilo was that you didn't
have to run special tools after updating grub, but now
with grub2 there are bits and pieces of grub config
scattered all over the disk and you must run the update
script to put them all together again after you change
something. They should have named it lilo2 :-).