F13 network and wpa_supplicant startup sequence

lxnf98mm at comcast.net lxnf98mm at comcast.net
Tue Jul 20 15:12:29 UTC 2010

I added a wireless card to a machine that has no gui interface installed, so no NM
I configured wpa_supplicant and wlan startup script
What I do not get is when the machine boots wpa_supplicant starts after the network script
If I run 'ifup wlan' after the boot sequence is complete the wireless connection completes
The script /etc/init.d/network has 'chkconfig: - 10 90' and /etc/init.d/wpa_supplicant has 'chkconfig: - 23 88'
What am I missing
It is probably right in front of me