F13 network and wpa_supplicant startup sequence

Frank Elsner Frank.Elsner at TU-Berlin.DE
Tue Jul 20 16:12:20 UTC 2010

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:55:13 -0500 (CDT) lxnf98mm at comcast.net wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Jul 2010, Frank Elsner wrote:
>
> > On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:12:29 -0500 (CDT) lxnf98mm at comcast.net wrote:
> >> I added a wireless card to a machine that has no gui interface installed, so no NM
> >> I configured wpa_supplicant and wlan startup script
> >> What I do not get is when the machine boots wpa_supplicant starts after the network script
> >
> > "after" is the problem. wpa_supplicant must start *before" network.
> > Change the sequence.
> >

> > --Frank Elsner
> >

> '/etc/init.d/wpa_supplicant' has requirement '# Required-Start: $local_fs messagebus'
> Should I also move these before network startup
> Who is responsible for deciding the sequence of these scripts

Oh shit, the upstart :-(

I disabled the start of "wpa_supplicant", "network" and NetworkManager.

In /etc/rc.d/rc5.d I have

S10Networking -> ../init.d/Networking
                           ^^^^^^^^^^ This is a script which main part is

#! /bin/bash
#
# network       Bring up/down networking
#
# chkconfig: 235 10 90
#              start at boot time.
#