My laptop Speakers Doesn't Mute then i connect the headphones on FC13

Frank Elsner Frank.Elsner at TU-Berlin.DE
Tue Jul 20 16:32:23 UTC 2010

On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 10:57:33 -0500 David A. Paredes Rios wrote:
> Thanks for your prompt answers guys,
> Frank Elsner very helpful info, i create the alsa-base file and i add the
> option:
>   options snd_hda_intel model=auto
>
> Because i got confused about what i have to put if my codec is:
> Codec: Analog Devices AD1984A
>
> So i have to put in model=AD1984A?
>
> Just to know because i got confused in that part, i didnt find that .txt
> file in my computer but in internet i found it but i found nothing
> about AD1984A.. Anyways auto option works for me, but you can tell what i
> should put instead auto?

Leave it as it is working.

For me cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#* | grep Codec brings
Codec: Realtek ALC861-VD

And the cited document reads

| Replace "MODEL" with the right id (you might need to experiment to see which one):
| Code:
|
| 	ALC861VD/660VD
| 	  3stack	3-jack
| 	  3stack-dig	3-jack with SPDIF OUT
| 	  6stack-dig	6-jack with SPDIF OUT
| 	  3stack-660	3-jack (for ALC660VD)
| 	  3stack-660-digout 3-jack with SPDIF OUT (for ALC660VD)
| 	  lenovo	Lenovo 3000 C200
This one I have so model=lenovo was the solution.

BTW, I found the source ...
     http://www.kernel.org/doc/Documentation/sound/alsa/HD-Audio-Models.txt
     Search it for AD1984A.

--Frank Elsner