OT: Cloud Computing is coming to ...

Rahul Sundaram metherid at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:40:03 UTC 2010

On 07/20/2010 09:57 PM, Antonio Olivares wrote:
>> How does one explain Fedora Games SIG?
>>
> A customized spin of Fedora with games :), Like KDE spin, LXDE spin, XFCE spin, SugarSpin, ..., etc.  I can ask Bruno Wolffe for more information on the Games spin if needed, but I am happy as it is :)

Yes but you are missing the point.  Not everything that Fedora does is
connected to Red Hat.

> I read it and it says the following:
> <quote>
> We are still working on the Fedora cloud setup, the content of this page will grow at the same time we work and troubleshoot all services.
> </quote>

Which has nothing to do with what I said.  Fedora has been a extensive
user of virtualization for many years and extending it for new use cases
is not something fundamentally new.  Fedora infrastructure wants to
provide more service for Fedora contributors and users.

> Well actually it might not be new, but for it to be on Fedora, I scratched my head :)  Since Fedora is a free general purpose operating system, I could not think that "Cloud Computing" would be promoted?
>
> And anyone can host those "cloud computing services" using Fedora if anyone would want to  make money selling those services :)

Sure or it might just be a Fedora infrastructure offering for
contributors or it can be a paid service to host your backups or it can
be a set of components to run on your own server.  It all depends on
what your particular idea of "cloud computing" actually is.

Rahul