Still no kmod for new nvidia

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 16:44:07 UTC 2010

On Mon, Jul 19, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Michael Miles <mmamiga6 at gmail.com> wrote:

>     I am finding it hard to deal with as RPMFusion and Fedora are two
> seperate thing but when it blocks a update then yes I do think it is a
> Fedora issue.

That's just it, Michael.  While I understand your frustration, this isn't a
Fedora issue any more than, say, Adobe lagging on releasing a version of
Photoshop for Windows 7.  That's an Adobe issue, not a Microsoft issue.  The
same holds true here, as well.  There is lag in releasing a new kmod (and
always will be). This is an RPM Fusion issue, not a Fedora issue.

RPM Fusion is just as much a 3rd party vendor to Fedora as Adobe is to
Microsoft.  Nothing RPM Fusion does or doesn't do is ever a Fedora issue.

--
Chris