how to uninstall preload?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Tue Jul 20 17:21:57 UTC 2010

On 07/20/2010 03:49 AM, Timothy Murphy wrote:

> I would imagine the "-y" would be rather dangerous,
> as "yum remove" often tries to remove many packages
> required by other applications.

I don't think that's quite true.  If you tell yum to remove a package,
it'll remove that package and any package that requires it.  It doesn't
descend the dependency tree in the opposite direction (normally, I
believe there's a plugin that'll do that), and in no case will it ever
do something inconsistent like removing a package which is required by
something that yum leaves installed.