Configuring FC13

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Tue Jul 20 20:11:52 UTC 2010

>> Be a bit more specific. Whar colors do you wish to change.
>>
>> The font color can be set like this:
>>
>> xterm -bg black -fg yellow ....other args....

Yes, I'd like to configure things like backgound color, default font,
position of the scrollbar, etc.

Maybe someone has a .Xdefaults or .xtermrc they've customized and
think would be helpful?

>     From an xterm Edit > Preferences will get you a menu. At l;east it
>    does with my XFCE desktop.

No such capability with the default GNOME xterm, apparently.

Perhaps I should ask which xterm's people prefer? Maybe there is a
better choice that is more customizable than xterm?

I have a fast PC, so speed and memory usage isn't really a concern. My
preferences are one that would be good to use with screen, and perhaps
offers additional features beyond just the basics.

Thanks,
Alex