Verizon and Comcast email challenges

Max Pyziur pyz at brama.com
Tue Jul 20 21:39:41 UTC 2010

Greetings,

Apologies if this isn't the appropriate forum.

Recently (over the last six months?), Verizon has blocked smtp requests on
port 25 to our mail server hosted on our machine (brama.com). It seems
that this isn't just our box, but a policy that Verizon has implemented
widely, forcing Verizon patrons to use someuser at verizon.net to send
outbound email, or use a different port (587?).

More recently, recipients with @verizon.net cannot receive emails from our
hosted domain names. As yet, I only have bare knowledge with the
indication that the Verizon problem rests with finding an answer at the
following website:
Sender Policy Framework
http://www.openspf.org/

I recognize that I need to learn more to fully understand this matter.

Would anyone have any recommendations on where to research this further
and why these policies are being implemented.

Much thanks in advance.

Max Pyziur
pyz at brama.com