PostgreSql question

Nermin Celik n.celik00 at
Wed Jul 21 00:23:13 UTC 2010

Hi All,

I've downloaded PostgreSql from, however when
I try access it from the termnial line it doesn't work and gives the
following warning.

$ psql
psql: could not connect to server: No such file or directory
$ mysql
ERROR 2002 (HY000): Can't connect to local MySQL server through socket
'/var/lib/mysql/mysql.sock' (2)
[celik at cicek ~]$

Can I please have some tips to get started? Also I using Fedora12.

Thank you is in advance, and may you all have a nice day.