how to uninstall preload?

Timothy Murphy gayleard at eircom.net
Wed Jul 21 12:25:46 UTC 2010

Parshwa Murdia wrote:

>> From: Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net>
>
>> I know that I have yum-installed X in the past,
>> and it has installed X, together with Y and Z,
>> Then I have yum-removed X,
>> and it has listed X, Y and Z, and a large number of other packages
>> to be uninstalled.
>

> Really.

Yes.
It was a KDE package that I installed, I don't recall which.
When I yum-removed it, it tried to take almost all my KDE packages
with it.
So I removed it with rpm.
This was some time ago, Fedora-12 or possibly Fedora-11.
It is conceivable yum has changed since then
in such a way that this could not happen now.

--
Timothy Murphy
e-mail: gayleard /at/ eircom.net