how to uninstall preload?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jul 21 15:30:27 UTC 2010

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 13:34:16 +0100,
  Timothy Murphy <gayleard at eircom.net> wrote:

> Suppose I yum-install A, and it brings in A,B and C.
> If I yum-remove A, is it guaranteed that it will only remove A,B and C?

If you haven't installed anything else in between and nothing was removed
(as can be the case if something is obsoleted) only package A will be
removed. B and C will remain installed.

> As I mentioned, at some point in the fairly recent past,
> I tried this, and yum wanted to remove more than A,B and C.

If other stuff was installed, updated or removed in between then you need to
take those other packages into account when trying to figure out what will
get removed as dependencies.