OT: Cloud Computing is coming to ...

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Wed Jul 21 22:52:55 UTC 2010

Around 11:26pm on Wednesday, July 21, 2010 (UK time), Christofer C. Bell scrawled:

> Come to think of it, I doubt the folks who missed it the first go
> around are going to get it this time, either.  To speak plainly:

I am glad, because I didn't get your point until you wrote this third
email.

> regardless of one's taste in MUA, one should not be using an MUA that
> makes it difficult to read one's email without enforcing one's
> personal views on posting etiquette on others.
>
> If your MUA requires you to tell others to not quote, to not top-post,
> to do anything other than post whatever they like, in order to read
> your email comfortably, then you are using the wrong MUA.  If the
> formatting of other people's messages cause you frustration,
> helplessness, or anger, then you are using the wrong MUA.  If these
> feelings of frustration, helplessness, or anger rise to the point that
> you need to post about it and kick off long and useless threads over
> the merits of various "posting styles," then you're using the wrong
> MUA.

Presumably it was my use of the wrong MUA that stopped me from
understanding what you were saying until you sent this email.

However I will continue to use mutt, and cope with the frustrations of
those who ignore mailinglist guidelines the way I try to cope with rude
or ignorant people in any walk of life. I may try to gently inform
ignorant people, but will usually ignore rudeness, though I may feel
slightly less inclined to help them out.

Steve

--

 Play Champions - my free football predictions game at:
 	http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html

 23:44:24 up 18 days, 11:55,  1 user,  load average: 0.04, 0.04, 0.01