Anything for home user and not the technical one??

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Jul 22 01:26:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, 22 Jul 2010 02:52:33 +0530
Parshwa Murdia <b330bkn at gmail.com> wrote:

> I have installed fedora 11 with windows xp, though the PC is for home
> use only. Like i have to use the documents editing, and the related
> works. So i have two questions, but first of all, i am going to ask
> only the first one in this thread:
>
> For only home users, who want to use fedora (and have version 11, that
> is, fedora 11) apart from the deep technological concepts which are
> very well revealed here, what a user who has no programming base, can
> start to go in fedora? like windows if GUI, so home persons can use it
> widely because everything is GUI. Thoguh fedora also may be GUI
> nowadays, but if someone want to start learning (for home purposes
> only), where should he start from knowing that there is only one PC,
> on which both - fedora as well as xp is installed. The main thing PC
> is used is for watching movies, listening music, documents editing and
> kids play.
>
> but a home user can himself (with no more hardware) and with a single
> pc (with net connection) can learn in this scenario as far as fedora
> usage is concerned?

First, I would suggest installing the latest Fedora (13), as Fedora 11
is end of life and no longer gets updates.

Next, how about the fine docs at docs.fedoraproject.org?

The user guide is a good introduction:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/User_Guide/index.html

Next, I would look at what specific tasks you wanted to do, and if you
can't figure out how to do them, just ask on lists list this one and
folks can point you the right way.

Welcome to Fedora! :)

kevin