Anything for home user and not the technical one??

Parshwa Murdia b330bkn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 14:42:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 6:56 AM, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

> First, I would suggest installing the latest Fedora (13), as Fedora 11
> is end of life and no longer gets updates.

That is correct but I have already installed the fedora 11 from the
live CD and updated it by the command yum update and it took around 5
hrs (~600 MB), so would it not be worth doing in that only and once i
become familiar with that and in the near future I can upgrade if it
causes some problem in learning only the basics of fedora?

> Next, how about the fine docs at docs.fedoraproject.org?
>
> The user guide is a good introduction:
>
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/User_Guide/index.html

Yes, I would have to see that link, the online help.

> Next, I would look at what specific tasks you wanted to do, and if you
> can't figure out how to do them, just ask on lists list this one and
> folks can point you the right way.

Sure, the target is to replace windows in day to day life upon which
we had become highly dependent. And why not to use Fedora if it much
much better than Windows and free of cost also!

> Welcome to Fedora! :)

Thanks a lot.

Regards,
Parshwa Murdia