Anything for home user and not the technical one??

Parshwa Murdia b330bkn at gmail.com
Thu Jul 22 15:16:12 UTC 2010

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 7:02 AM, Roger <arelem at bigpond.com> wrote:

> First check out every menu option then learn to install and uninstall
> and update Fedora and programs/applications on line.

Yes, on the list itself (earlier Tim and others helped me) and I
updated with the command:

yum update

after becoming root.

> To learn the basics get a book, if you want to get into text based
> applications in a terminal you really do need a book.

My friend suggested me for fedora bibble, but that's for fedora 10,
though i hope that it would be okay for at least basics.

> In a terminal: <Applications><system Tools><Terminal>
> Learn to install and install using yum and rpm.
> Learn to manually zip and unzip files.
> Learn how to start and stop applications.
> See what process are working with the ps command in a terminal.

This I have to do. okay. searching in google or from the book,
probably and if the problem comes, would rather ask here.

> There is really little GUI difference between windows and fedora, the
> menus may be in different places.

Yes, but my reason to switching to fedora is the strong security and
its more more distributed than windows, i think and what i have heard.
so it becomes a good and better operating system than windows.

Regards,
Parshwa Murdia