Anything for home user and not the technical one??

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Thu Jul 22 15:30:04 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-07-22 at 20:46 +0530, Parshwa Murdia wrote:
> My friend suggested me for fedora bibble, but that's for fedora 10,
> though i hope that it would be okay for at least basics.

Basics are similar between releases, however some of the specifics can
be very different.  For that reason, I wouldn't buy anything expensive,
since it might be based on an older release, or by the time you've got
to grips with a book on the current release, two more releases may have
come out.

Books on general Linux and Unix principles can be very useful,
especially if you're completely unfamiliar with their concepts.  And you
can learn things that transfer across many different distros.  If you
intend to make any sort of living out of Unix/Linux computing, I'd
recommend following that up.

An alternative to a book can be one of the computing magazines with
Linux install discs, sometimes they have good introductory information.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.