gnome-display-properties, RandR, apply to all users / logon screen?

Alexander List alex at list.priv.at
Thu Jul 22 18:08:08 UTC 2010

Hi,

I wonder if it's possible to apply the monitor settings done in
gnome-display-properties to the login screen resp. all users on a
workstation...

My problem: I have an Nvidia Quadro FX 1700, use the nouveau driver and
would like to rotate the two Dell 24" screens on my desk. X11 correctly
detects that I have two screens, but it cannot detect that I've turned
them clockwise...

I've tried to tweak xorg.conf after Googling for two hours and gave up...

The only hint I found was

http://live.gnome.org/RandR - that's about as close as I could get to a
solution... is there a way to apply the monitors.xml created in ~/.conf
to the entire system?

Alex