Anything for home user and not the technical one??

Christofer C. Bell christofer.c.bell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 07:28:13 UTC 2010

On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 2:13 AM, g <geleem at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> <snip>
>
>> Regardless, yes, you can go directly from Fedora 11 to Fedora 13 using
>> preupgrade[1].
>
> not exactly true.
>
> was there not a post in past week or two where a user tried such and
> had problems?

I don't know, I didn't see it.  I've done the process (F11 -> F13)
twice without issue.

> due to problems/bugs being cleared in f13, i would think parshwa would
> have better results with f11 to f12.

Could be!  He should do it while Fedora 12 is still supported.

> then when f14 has been out 3 or 4 months and most problems/bugs have
> been cleared in f13, he can upgrade to f13 then later to f14.

When Fedora 14 has been out for 3-4 months, Fedora 12 will have been
past EOL by 2-3 months.  What you recommend is.. not recommended.  He
should be moving to Fedora 13 *now*.

> i base this on consideration that parshwa is speaking for his family using,
> not just himself. wives and children can be a detriment to using fedora.

How are wives and children an obstacle to Fedora use?

--
Chris