thunderbird 3.1.1 - how to create IMAP account

Ed Greshko Ed.Greshko at greshko.com
Fri Jul 23 10:02:27 UTC 2010

 On 07/23/2010 05:37 PM, Joerg Bergmann wrote:
>   I have some trouble creating a non-standard IMAP account
> within actual thunderbird. At first, thunderbird asks for my
> email address and tries som automatism. Of course that fails
> for my university account as well as for my private mail
> provider (strato) account. So I must go to manual installation.
> But at this point, POP is preselectet and there seems to be no way
> for selecting IMAP. How to create a "non-standard" IMAP account?
>
> Thank you.

What I've done in the past is to enter some really bogus information to
ensure that the automatic setup will totally fail.  You'll then get a
screen where you can select a drop down for account type and can select
IMAP or POP.

--
I'm going to give my psychoanalyst one more year, then I'm going to
Lourdes. -- Woody Allen 葛斯克 愛德華 / 台北市八德路四段