Anything for home user and not the technical one??

Michael Miles mmamiga6 at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 22:27:55 UTC 2010

On 07/23/2010 03:20 PM, Christofer C. Bell wrote:
> On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:26 PM, Marko Vojinovic<vvmarko at gmail.com>  wrote:
>
>> Really, in order to provide equivalent functionality of a typical Windows
>> desktop, Fedora requires more than one hoop to jump through. A novice user is
>> maybe better off installing Omega instead, if he doesn't want to bother with
>> this stuff.
>>
> You know, this thread is pointless.  It's Parshwa saying "I don't know
> anything!" over and over, g making things scarier than they are, and
> folks like Marko here basically implying Fedora's a big PITA.  None of
> this is true.  Parshwa's not stupid.  He learned Windows in the first
> place, he can learn Fedora just by bucking down and using it.  And
> Fedora's less of a PITA than Windows.
>
> I can't believe I've run into a Fedora FUD thread on the Fedora users
> list.  I'm completely floored.  You all have fun with it.

I have to differ.

The best thing that ever happened to my computer was Fedora.
It's double the speed of Windows 7, no registry is a big plus, no
defrag, no virus.

What more can you ask for.

So it's not as pretty, so what.
The security alone

And after all, where did windows come from..........Linux

Sure there is problems, such is life.
Not having Micropuke look at everything I do is a big plus

Windows 7 ultimate is 250 dollars????????????

That sucks, you pay money to be watched

Michael