Anything for home user and not the technical one??

Hugh Caley hughc at aldon.com
Fri Jul 23 23:36:06 UTC 2010

  Can I just point out quickly here that Fedora is probably not a proper
distribution for home use?  It's meant to be a test bed for the latest
in Linux and open source software; it has a very short version cycle
time, it's always on the cutting edge, it isn't documented well, etc.  I
love it, personally, but I'm a Linux administrator.

The only advantages to it are that it's free, and a couple of people
have written books based on it.  You'd probably be much better off with
RHEL (not free), CentOS (free) or Ubuntu (free), all of which are meant
to be more stable and better documented than Fedora.

Just my 2 cents.

Hugh

--
Hugh Caley, Linux Administrator