Accessing your gnome (ssh) keyring from outside the Desktop session

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Sun Jul 25 18:05:17 UTC 2010

On 07/25/2010 01:54 PM, Philip Prindeville wrote:

>> seahorse ought to help you with this.
>>

> Ok, I'll give it a look.  But in general, just as X runs xinit.rc or .xsessionrc on startup, does Gnome desktop have a startup and exit script it runs?  I need to bracket all of the "Startup Applications" with something that runs before, and something that runs after them (on exit).
>
> Thanks.

  It may be simpler to use the regular ssh-agent - then source the
.ssh-agent-info in your .bashrc (or start a new one if its not running)
or similar.

  It may also depend on whether you are using -a or -A to ssh (ie are
you forwarding or not forwarding the agent to use). And you may need to
choose appropriately to enable the use of the agent on the remote end
instead of the forwarded agent :-)

  gene