system mail

Tim ignored_mailbox at yahoo.com.au
Tue Jul 27 15:11:30 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-07-26 at 20:04 -0600, Petrus de Calguarium wrote:
> I always wondered why system mail was not delievered in utf-8

That's only going to be necessary if the mail contains characters that
aren't part of ASCII.  Mail tends to use the simplest character set
necessary for the actual message content.

About the only way I can think of forcing the issue would be having a
mount point name that needs to use UTF-8, and that mount point to be
listed in the disk space warning in the log watch report.

--
[tim at localhost ~]$ uname -r
2.6.27.25-78.2.56.fc9.i686

read messages from the public lists.