Blue screen of death

Alex mysqlstudent at gmail.com
Tue Jul 27 15:25:05 UTC 2010

Hi,

> Sounds like your machine started going into suspend / hibernate /
> shutdown.
>
> Did you close the lid? Did you set it to suspend on lid close?

It's my desktop. I have the display set to turn off after 10 minutes,
but I don't think it was even idle for ten minutes. The rest of the
power management doesn't work.

Oh yeah, forgot to add that to the list of fundamental problems --
power management doesn't work. Here's a few messages relating to that:

powernow-k8: Found 1 AMD Phenom(tm) II X6 1090T Processor processors
(5 cpu cores) (version 2.20.00)
[Firmware Bug]: powernow-k8: No compatible ACPI _PSS objects found.
[Firmware Bug]: powernow-k8: Try again with latest BIOS.

The sixth core isn't enabled for some reason.

It's a very recent board (Asus Crosshair IV) with the latest BIOS.
Where is the best place to go for power management docs?

Thanks,
Alex