securing a fedora 12 pc on a lan

Steve Searle steve at stevesearle.com
Tue Jul 27 17:38:24 UTC 2010

Around 06:32pm on Tuesday, July 27, 2010 (UK time), mike lan scrawled:

>  I've installed a Fedora 12 kde live cd on a local area network, that I want
> to keep safe from hacking
> ( specially from network admin. !!)
> Is  a default fedora 12 install  secure enough ?
> or do i still take some measures to secure the pc  ?

It sounds like you are doing something that is probably contrary to your
employers IT policy, but if you are concerned then unplug the network cable.

> I need also to monitor scans or probes to the pc

Modify the firewall configuration.

Steve

--

 Play Champions - my free football predictions game at:
 	http://www.stevesearle.com/champs/about.html

 18:36:15 up 24 days,  6:47,  1 user,  load average: 1.95, 1.61, 0.94